Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Brief Introduction


Hello and Welcome! I guess an introduction is in order. My name is Robert Gebbie, and I am the owner of Robert Gebbie Photography. I am Photographer, Artist, Illustrator, Designer, and all-around Creative. A handyman of the arts, one could say, learning most of the time from necessity, as much as from interest. It has been twenty-five years since I took my first studio portraits professionally under the instructing eye of Scott Weston, my teacher, mentor, friend, and in my opinion, master photographer.

For most of my life, the field of Art has held a significant draw. Photography and Illustration were always focal points, but I never stopped growing, learning a little from curiosity (or need) along the way. If it catches my interest, it’s fair game. From Fantasy illustrations to carving Briar Wood Tobacco Pipes, web design to Photography, if it was Artistic, I had my hand in it. While never claiming to be the best at what I do, I have met with moderate success, and I invite you to visit my gallery to make your own decision.

Since this is my introduction to the world of blogging, I hope you will have a look around, enjoy what you see, and come back often. I will often refer to my team. My team consists of my wife and partner, Lori, my best friend and 2nd Photographer, Jim, and a small handful of others that help with sales and other office functions. In future postings, I plan on telling a few stories, give a little advice, and generally discuss the things that I find interest in. Hopefully, you will learn a little, laugh a little, and maybe even think a little. So warm up the coffee, put on your big fuzzy slippers, relax and enjoy what my team and I have to offer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert, Welcome to the world of blogging. You are off to a nice start. Nice and clean design! Looking forward to reading more on your blog!