Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Insiders View to a Dream

Loree Morris has been a friend of ours for several years. Recently, between jobs, she started working with us. She helped with uploading our backlog to the Microstock agencies we are part of, and began to help with outside sales. Loree had to find full time employment, so she no longer works regularly with us, but she’s always here to lend a hand when we need her! Here, she offers another piece of our story:
I met Robert and Lori several years ago and was privileged enough to be let into their lives. Robert at the time was working at his j.o.b and although I knew he had been an artist and a photographer, he wasn’t really actively pursuing it at the time. I could see a special light in his eyes when he’d talk about his art or show me something he had created in the past, but a look of sadness often followed it. I don’t think he even knew it happened.

As life events unfolded and took us in separate directions for a while and I eventually left the country for an extended period of time, we didn’t get a chance to communicate as often, but still kept in touch from time to time. When I returned from over seas, life events allowed us to spend more time together and I remember the first time I saw them.

They had just started on the path of micro stock photography. Robert was behind the camera again and had that light in his eyes again, only this time it never faded to the sadness look I had seen in the past. They started telling me about what they were doing. Both so full of passion that it nearly brought tears to my eyes. They showed me the websites and explained their idea of what they wanted to build. They showed me what Robert had been shooting and even asked me to get in front of the camera for them.

Over the course of the last year, I’ve had a chance to get a very in depth view of what they are creating, the learning, the struggles, the joy, the sorrow, the stress and the amazing creation of some of the most artistic pieces I’ve seen anywhere.

Robert has an amazing ability to create art in away that captures the very soul of what or whom he’s shooting. I’ve seen him take a few simple objects and display them in such a creative way that the photo is amazing. When he shoots a model, he has such a natural way of putting them at ease. He makes you feel as if you’re the most beautiful piece of art he’s captured. He see’s beyond the physical…he see’s true beauty.

Lori is also very creative and has taken some beautiful shots as well, although their styles are different, they both bring such a creative eye to everything they shoot. They balance each other in many ways artistically. The man Series is my favorite. Not only does it show the raw emotions of Robert, Lori’s eye while shooting that was amazing. Her ability to capture those emotions is just an example to me of the passion they both have for what they do.

The business has gone in avenues neither of them expected at first and they’ve had such great accomplishments in such a small amount of time. The knowledge they’ve learned and the growth I’ve witnessed myself amazes me every day.

I’m truly glad I’ve gotten to see this Dream from the inside, two amazing people, creating such beautiful artwork. Sharing a passion that is rare in this day and age. I can only see this Dream being a reality!!!

No comments: